About autisticaplanet

My photo
Welcome to a blog about an autistic adult woman in her late 30's using words and images to advocate acceptance as well as awareness of those with life-limiting sensory processing issues and resulting social and behavioral challenges. I write about inclusion ideas for those who remain in isolation due to their neuromakeup and share how my Christian faith keeps me going. Thank you for visiting.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Through 1 Filter or autisticaplanet's autism blog? Let me explain!

Camera filters overlapping 4 pattern
Update 3/4/17: I have a confession to make. I am autisticaplanet from Wordpress. I moved back to the place my blogging journey began back in 2008 last September, after realizing that the power of words is, at times, too much for me to bear sanely and respectfully. Wordpress allows comments to be disabled on the blog's page, but there is still that sidebar on the upper right that cannot be blocked. 
Some of you may remember me from Wordpress. 
Using "Through 1 Filter" my first 3 months back allowed me to recover for a while and keep any outraged followers/commenters from rejecting my posts due to seeing who their author was.
I have decided the time was right to take my old name back. The current URL will remain.
"I'm not that good with people."- John Malkovich in the movie "Making Mr. Right"



Some FAQ you may have about this blog:


What does the title of your blog Through 1 Filter mean, anyway? I am one person who is sharing my experiences using my own, unique filter. A camera with a filter on the lens is a good metaphor.


Why "autisticaplanet"? 
I'm autistic, and the a in the middle is the initial of my first name, Allison. Occasionally, I will use it in my posts, but prefer to use my screen name primarily online. The planet part comes from the fact I am isolated from communication and services due to my seemingly unique severity of sensory symptoms for someone with Asperger's Syndrome autism spectrum disorder.
What's with the changing wallpaper? I like to *change* the wallpaper up now and then to showcase my photography periodically. Yes, a person can be autistic and want change once in awhile. It's not an oxymoron😉


Why do you use such big font?
Because, I'm getting older and I can't read 12'' or under very well.

I am a visual learner. Reading isn't the main way I learn. Pictures, lots of bold colors and large, bold font help me to retain what I learn better.

Why don't you allow comments? Because I don't need to be called names or called out for being me.
I don't do well relating to others when I can't hear their voice. I am deeply emotional and take things to heart. It is best I keep this blog's communication one sided.

Why do you use an avatar?  Because I don't feel like using my real face right now. I may do so next year.

Can I share your posts? As long as you give me name credit (ex: by autisticaplanet/from autisticaplanet's autism blog) it is fine.

Are you on social media? Only with family.

I hope something you read on this blog will encourage you in your faith, educate you about life with autism and captivate you with nature photos.