About autisticaplanet

My photo
Welcome to a blog about an autistic adult woman in her late 30's using words and images to advocate acceptance as well as awareness of those with life-limiting sensory processing issues and resulting social and behavioral challenges. I write about inclusion ideas for those who remain in isolation due to their neuromakeup and share how my Christian faith keeps me going. Thank you for visiting.

Friday, November 18, 2016

Year of the "travelling" earmuffs 2016

At the state park

By the water

At the supermarket

I chronicled 2016 by taking one picture of me per month with my pink Pro Ears 33 Ultra passive sound blocking earmuffs. They take the edge off of crying babies, barking dogs and heavy traffic. Most of the time, I don't get stared at. I never go out into public without a safe person so I won't be bullied. 
I have earplugs (I prefer silicon), but they either won't stay in for long periods of time or block too much sound when I need to hear someone speak. Pulling them out and back in is uncomfortable, so I wear the earmuffs. Pro Ears has a cushioned headband, which is a must for me. 
Here is a link where you can buy ear "gear" as I like to call it: www.earplugstore.com
Earplug Superstore is legitimate and friendly. Earplugs, earmuffs, white noise and more. They have friendly staff who will help you find the right product.