About autisticaplanet

My photo
Welcome to a blog about an autistic adult woman in her late 30's using words and images to advocate acceptance as well as awareness of those with life-limiting sensory processing issues and resulting social and behavioral challenges. I write about inclusion ideas for those who remain in isolation due to their neuromakeup and share how my Christian faith keeps me going. Thank you for visiting.

Monday, May 8, 2017

Asher, Part 5: Be kind and patient. Invite Asher to play

Asher, a brown boy with red headphones with words, "Be kind and patient"
My sad drawing of a checker board with red and blue pieces.

My sadder drawing of a video game with two controls for two players

As I did, Asher needs a little nudge from an interested party when it comes to socializing. If he tells you "no" when you ask him to play, don't be hurt. He may be overwhelmed or preoccupied with something he is doing by himself. Ask again later in the day or the next day. Invite him over to play. Do something you both can enjoy.