Skip to main content

Jesus, the Great Equalizer

Jesus is the great equalizer. It doesn't matter how messed up you are, how much money you have, what a rotter you have been or how charitable and together you are. You need Jesus.
The truth of the matter is, if you don't accept Jesus' perfect sacrifice on the cross as atonement for your fallen, sinful nature, you won't go to heaven. You will be eternally separated from God and your believing loved ones. Your present life on earth will always lack something only Jesus can provide.
Other faiths offer a works-based approach to salvation. Christianity is the only true path to eternity as well as fulfillment in this lifetime.
No man is perfect. Paul lamented about falling back into sin, no matter how hard he tried.

"I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate." Romans 7:15 (I can sure relate!)

He goes on to acknowledge that he isn't good in his own right.

"For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out." Romans 7:18

He goes on to praise God for providing The Answer.

"Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin." Romans 7:25 NLT

The Law, or 10 Commandments, was given to the Hebrews so they could see how sinful they really were. After all, why have laws if everybody is perfect and lives in harmony with everyone else. Nobody could keep it, so they had to burn sacrifices.

Jesus' death on the cross put an end to that. We live under grace, not legalism. Jesus fulfilled the law.
When we confess our sin to God Himself, He is trustworthy and faithful to forgive.
We are free to follow Him or to follow ungodliness. That is a personal choice we each must make.

If you want to know Jesus, check out the link below:
https://www.intouch.org/read/content/how-do-i-accept-jesus-as-my-savior


How grateful I am to live in a country that still guarantees my First Amendment freedom to compose this post and not live in fear of my head being severed from my body.

How grateful I am also for spell check!

May God bless you!



Popular posts from this blog

My autistic brain

Profile of a face with a rainbow colored brain. Personal autism attributes in various colors font. Since I am a visually oriented thinker, pictures come before words. Words flow easier if I can create an image or images first. Here is one case in point. I am very grateful for PixTeller.com for providing the royalty free images and designing capability.

I wasn’t meant to be a primary caregiver

As I have mentioned in posts over the last 2 years, my mom passed away 2.5 years ago. Caring for her in her final months was difficult, but doing it as an autistic person 5 days in a row the first couple weeks was impossible. She was in the end stages of pulmonary fibrosis. She weighed 70 pounds and was gradually withdrawing from eating and drinking. She had reached the point where she was scared to be alone. For. A. Single. Instant. I tried to tell my family that this much intensive care for 5 days straight was too much. I couldn't process it. There was no fresh supply of spoons and I was on auxiliary power. I have recently become acquainted with the Spoon Theory. Here is Wikipedia's definition: of the s poon theory: "The   spoon theory   is a disability metaphor used to explain the   reduced amount of energy   available for activities of daily living and productive tasks that may result from disability or chronic illness." Maybe they thought because

The migraine, one of my co-morbids and how it affects me.

I didn't know that the vile migraine had an awareness ribbon and month (June). They are not simply headaches. They alter mood, create nausea and vomiting, make darkness and silence a must, cancel plans and are chronic.   My migraines were few and further between as a child (I got about 2-3 a year and had to go to bed, vomiting periodically), but increased in my teens along with autistic regression. I inherited mine from my mother. It is always the same eye. I don't get the the visual aura but I do have the olfactory (smell) phantosmia . Mine are blessedly fewer than 14 per month. My heart goes out to those of you who experience more than 14 a month. Love and support are so very important. My parents were very understanding. My mom had to hold me while I cried sitting on the bathroom floor, head pounding and vomiting into the toilet to the point it had to be flushed at least twice. I can expect them during right before and during my menstrual cycle. Sensory overload and