Skip to main content

Jesus, the Great Equalizer

Jesus is the great equalizer. It doesn't matter how messed up you are, how much money you have, what a rotter you have been or how charitable and together you are. You need Jesus.
The truth of the matter is, if you don't accept Jesus' perfect sacrifice on the cross as atonement for your fallen, sinful nature, you won't go to heaven. You will be eternally separated from God and your believing loved ones. Your present life on earth will always lack something only Jesus can provide.
Other faiths offer a works-based approach to salvation. Christianity is the only true path to eternity as well as fulfillment in this lifetime.
No man is perfect. Paul lamented about falling back into sin, no matter how hard he tried.

"I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate." Romans 7:15 (I can sure relate!)

He goes on to acknowledge that he isn't good in his own right.

"For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out." Romans 7:18

He goes on to praise God for providing The Answer.

"Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin." Romans 7:25 NLT

The Law, or 10 Commandments, was given to the Hebrews so they could see how sinful they really were. After all, why have laws if everybody is perfect and lives in harmony with everyone else. Nobody could keep it, so they had to burn sacrifices.

Jesus' death on the cross put an end to that. We live under grace, not legalism. Jesus fulfilled the law.
When we confess our sin to God Himself, He is trustworthy and faithful to forgive.
We are free to follow Him or to follow ungodliness. That is a personal choice we each must make.

If you want to know Jesus, check out the link below:
https://www.intouch.org/read/content/how-do-i-accept-jesus-as-my-savior


How grateful I am to live in a country that still guarantees my First Amendment freedom to compose this post and not live in fear of my head being severed from my body.

How grateful I am also for spell check!

May God bless you!



Popular posts from this blog

modern day compliments from ian

A heavenly perspective

Reaching toward heaven I was trying to get a different perspective taking nature shots. I had looked up to see this mass of white clouds hovering above bare tree branches. The branches looked like arms and fingers reaching up toward heaven. The clouds reminded me of something like  Exodus 13:21    where God's presence was with the Israelite s, guiding them. God takes care of all those who put their trust in His Son, Jesus. I have trusted Him in seeing me through my mom's death, an arrest, transitioning from one treatment facility to another and more recently, some neighbors treating Saturday nights as their own personal 4th of July. I still feel pain. I am tempted to doubt and catch myself self loathing. I keep praying .  I know nothing lasts forever. I look forward to eternity with God and my Christian loved ones who are there already. I hope you will come to know Jesus and accept Him as both your Lord as well as your Savior. Amen! ...

Lonely vs. being alone

I call this "Dancing with herselves" Being lonely is different from being alone. Being alone, for me, is when I have had enough sensory input from a person and/or environment. It is a choice. Being lonely is something I have little choice over. Due to the severe limitations of my autism spectrum disorder, I don’t have the simple luxury of calling up a friend to see if they are free for coffee or a walk in the park.  My only friend lives 45 minutes away and due to age, can’t drive long distances on a constant basis. I cannot drive. What support and socialization that does exist is for disabled people who can go anywhere and be exposed to everything as long as it is ADA compliant. I am alone in my home without human contact 6 days a week for 90% of my day. My sister does her best, but she, like my aunt, has a life that includes shared experiences with other people. Mine doesn’t. Nobody else in my family or community is interested in relating to me. I notice ...