Skip to main content

Some of my favorite blogs on autism, mental health and Christianity

Here are some blogs I follow written by women with autism spectrum disorder. I hope you find them to be as resourceful as I have.

1. Anonymously Autistic ("Anna")
https://anonymouslyautistic.net/

2. Everyday Aspie (Samantha Craft)
https://everydayaspie.wordpress.com/

Here are two blogs I follow regarding mental health (autism, though not a mental illness, is an included topic with both, and a Christian worldview in the second.

1. Broken Light Photography Collective (Danielle Hark)
A positive place to share your photos and mental health story.
https://brokenlightcollective.com/

2. Confessions (Matthew Malin)
A blog about mental health where you now can share your confessions about mental health and your Christian faith (though you don't have to be Christian to visit or contribute).
https://findingwhoweare.com/

Here are some autism blogs that look good, but that I haven't had the chance to delve into yet:

That Bloody Cat
https://thatbloodycat.com/

You Tube channels:
Amythest Schaber
https://www.youtube.com/user/neurowonderful

Here is a disability blog where staff and guest bloggers can share their views on a wide range of topics: The Mighty https://themighty.com/

Here is a jewelry store where you can buy jewelry to stim with (chew or spin). Made by autistic people.
http://www.stimtastic.co/

I hope you will find this information useful as I have.


Popular posts from this blog

modern day compliments from ian

A heavenly perspective

Reaching toward heaven I was trying to get a different perspective taking nature shots. I had looked up to see this mass of white clouds hovering above bare tree branches. The branches looked like arms and fingers reaching up toward heaven. The clouds reminded me of something like  Exodus 13:21    where God's presence was with the Israelite s, guiding them. God takes care of all those who put their trust in His Son, Jesus. I have trusted Him in seeing me through my mom's death, an arrest, transitioning from one treatment facility to another and more recently, some neighbors treating Saturday nights as their own personal 4th of July. I still feel pain. I am tempted to doubt and catch myself self loathing. I keep praying .  I know nothing lasts forever. I look forward to eternity with God and my Christian loved ones who are there already. I hope you will come to know Jesus and accept Him as both your Lord as well as your Savior. Amen! ...

Please, STOP saying autism is only a way of thinking differently

Really? Too many places I visit online are bringing up a troublesome sentiment: That having autism is  only  a way of thinking differently.  I notice that a majority of those expressing the sentiment are fully independent people with Asperger's Syndrome, now grouped under "autism spectrum disorder" in the DSM 5.  I don't like it when Autism Speaks claims to speak for me, and I don't appreciate some in the Neurodiversity movement doing so, either. If you experience very mild communication and sensory issues, that's great, but do remember that that is  your  experience, not the entire experience of those with autism. I would hate to see supportive services lost due to a public awareness campaign that says having ASD isn't a disability. Having ASD alone didn't get me services. Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and premenstrual dysphoria (PMDD) did. I had to describe ho...