About autisticaplanet

My photo
Welcome to a blog about an autistic adult woman in her late 30's using words and images to advocate acceptance as well as awareness of those with life-limiting sensory processing issues and resulting social and behavioral challenges. I write about inclusion ideas for those who remain in isolation due to their neuromakeup and share how my Christian faith keeps me going. Thank you for visiting.

Thursday, January 5, 2017

A tip for coping with OCD

Matching earring and necklace set in pink. gold and gray.
I love to wear jewelry. My mother loved jewelry. I must have inherited this trait from her. I often do mix and match, but during a stressful event such as PMS. Something in my brain doesn't allow me to deal with mixing, only matching. Knowing this, I have a few matching necklace and earring sets. They are the "go to items" I wear when OCD has a grip on me.

Department stores such as Kohls (where I shop) has plenty of affordable costume jewelry, including surgical steel earring backs.

Cubic Zirconia or any clear crystal will go with anything.

If you have any go-tos for stressful times in your life, figure out what they are and use them. It is a great coping tool.