Skip to main content

The Onion in the Petunia Patch Part Four

I have had medical therapy for my hyper-acute hearing. I also wear passive headphones and/or earplugs as the therapy could not help me 100%. It is called Tinnitus Retraining Therapy. TRT primarily helps those suffering from Tinnitus, but also benefits those with hyperacusis (I was diagnosed at age 10, but no therapies existed to treat it).
To find God, I think He had to work all the distractions and perversions out of me. I have found the comfort and encouragement in Him that an autism support group never could have hoped to hold a candle to. All they did was cyber-bully me, parents of kids with autism because I politely disagreed with a speaker they wanted at a future meeting.
There is much more I would like to touch on, and I have on my blog, “autisticaplanet blogs”. I began blogging on Blogger back in 2009 before moving to Wordpress and back to Blogger again last fall. It has grown to include my growing interest in nature photography. I hope you will visit. I am not a “long distance” writer. I would never write a novel, I prefer the short blog post That’s why blogging works for me. Reading blogs can be challenging as I am a poor reader and retainer. I suffer migraines easily. Through audio, I have discovered the enjoyment of written works, some fiction, and non-fiction.
I hope to be able to use my love of photography and to some degree, writing to have a purpose in life. I hope to help others including the autistic community (which is fraught with tension) and be as independent as possible.
The difference between existing and living is knowing that I can survive by God’s grace and strength whatever comes along; I can do it with Christ.

Thank you for reading. If you haven't read parts 1-3, you can do so by clicking here:
https://through1filter.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-onion-in-petunia-patch-part-3.html
https://through1filter.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-onion-in-petunia-patch-part-2.html
https://through1filter.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-onion-in-petunia-patch-part-one.html

Coming soon: The chapters of The Onion in the Petunia Patch. Thank you very much for reading. God bless you.

Feel free to share. If you want to publish all or part of this, please give me name credit. Autisticaplanet on Blogger is fine.

Popular posts from this blog

modern day compliments from ian

A heavenly perspective

Reaching toward heaven I was trying to get a different perspective taking nature shots. I had looked up to see this mass of white clouds hovering above bare tree branches. The branches looked like arms and fingers reaching up toward heaven. The clouds reminded me of something like  Exodus 13:21    where God's presence was with the Israelite s, guiding them. God takes care of all those who put their trust in His Son, Jesus. I have trusted Him in seeing me through my mom's death, an arrest, transitioning from one treatment facility to another and more recently, some neighbors treating Saturday nights as their own personal 4th of July. I still feel pain. I am tempted to doubt and catch myself self loathing. I keep praying .  I know nothing lasts forever. I look forward to eternity with God and my Christian loved ones who are there already. I hope you will come to know Jesus and accept Him as both your Lord as well as your Savior. Amen! ...

Lonely vs. being alone

I call this "Dancing with herselves" Being lonely is different from being alone. Being alone, for me, is when I have had enough sensory input from a person and/or environment. It is a choice. Being lonely is something I have little choice over. Due to the severe limitations of my autism spectrum disorder, I don’t have the simple luxury of calling up a friend to see if they are free for coffee or a walk in the park.  My only friend lives 45 minutes away and due to age, can’t drive long distances on a constant basis. I cannot drive. What support and socialization that does exist is for disabled people who can go anywhere and be exposed to everything as long as it is ADA compliant. I am alone in my home without human contact 6 days a week for 90% of my day. My sister does her best, but she, like my aunt, has a life that includes shared experiences with other people. Mine doesn’t. Nobody else in my family or community is interested in relating to me. I notice ...