Skip to main content

One autistic adult speaking for herself

A white woman from the nose down to the neck with caption in white font.
If this helps you, please share it on the internet. Print it out. If you hurt like I do, languishing in silence inside four walls Netflixing your day away due to lack of supportive services, please share this.
If you are creative and cannot create due to being isolated and unable to go out in public without a safe person, please share.
Link this or any other of my posts to another blog.
Things will only change if there are numbers. I am a party of one. I cannot do this alone.
I live on autisticaplanet, population: 1. It lies inside a gray warp within the multicolored spectrum.
Color wheel: concept: the autism spectrum


This blog post explains it best.

Popular posts from this blog

modern day compliments from ian

A heavenly perspective

Reaching toward heaven I was trying to get a different perspective taking nature shots. I had looked up to see this mass of white clouds hovering above bare tree branches. The branches looked like arms and fingers reaching up toward heaven. The clouds reminded me of something like  Exodus 13:21    where God's presence was with the Israelite s, guiding them. God takes care of all those who put their trust in His Son, Jesus. I have trusted Him in seeing me through my mom's death, an arrest, transitioning from one treatment facility to another and more recently, some neighbors treating Saturday nights as their own personal 4th of July. I still feel pain. I am tempted to doubt and catch myself self loathing. I keep praying .  I know nothing lasts forever. I look forward to eternity with God and my Christian loved ones who are there already. I hope you will come to know Jesus and accept Him as both your Lord as well as your Savior. Amen! ...

Please, STOP saying autism is only a way of thinking differently

Really? Too many places I visit online are bringing up a troublesome sentiment: That having autism is  only  a way of thinking differently.  I notice that a majority of those expressing the sentiment are fully independent people with Asperger's Syndrome, now grouped under "autism spectrum disorder" in the DSM 5.  I don't like it when Autism Speaks claims to speak for me, and I don't appreciate some in the Neurodiversity movement doing so, either. If you experience very mild communication and sensory issues, that's great, but do remember that that is  your  experience, not the entire experience of those with autism. I would hate to see supportive services lost due to a public awareness campaign that says having ASD isn't a disability. Having ASD alone didn't get me services. Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and premenstrual dysphoria (PMDD) did. I had to describe ho...