About autisticaplanet

My photo
Welcome to a blog about an autistic adult woman in her late 30's using words and images to advocate acceptance as well as awareness of those with life-limiting sensory processing issues and resulting social and behavioral challenges. I write about inclusion ideas for those who remain in isolation due to their neuromakeup and share how my Christian faith keeps me going. Thank you for visiting.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

The shape of things

Triangle, rectangle and circle in primary colors on a black background
The shape of things
Are all I can grasp
Only outlines
Form, light and shadow
Their depth a mystery to me
Reaching out,
Reaching in
I get more than I bargin for

3D vortex
Turmoil twising, spinning
Taking me down
I drown
Above ground

Laid flat
Immersed in sheets and cover
Self inflicted mental interrogation
That lasts for days

I am an enemy to progress
I decide to break the circle
And grasp no further
Than the shape of things